Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Exploring the Pride of Oslob

Last Saturday, August 1, I and some of the CBS (Cebu Blogger Society) members discovered fun and adventure. Wondering where that discovery is?!..Well it's an astonishing and magnificent island located in the Southeastern tip of Cebu - the Sumilon Bluewater Island Resort.



It was around 5:35 when Jessa and I arrived at SM Cebu (meeting place). While waiting for the others to come, we just took pictures and had some small talks. Timely, when the team was almost complete, 3 vans arrived which would serve as our transpo from SM to our Destination... I, Jessa, Aimee and Mikyu rode at the first van since there were only 6 of them in it. At first I was hesitant to talk because I don't know the other 6 I'm with at that time. I was reluctant to show my stupidity and mischievous behavior then but moments later I became a little bit comfortable with them for they let me feel that I'm very much welcome. I then started to talk with Mark and AJ, I enjoyed chatting with them for I can somehow relate myself in.

When we arrived in Car-Car, the team had to stop over in a fast food chain to take breakfast. After filling our stomach in we continued our trip.



Instead of doing nothing and just wait for us to arrive, we let ourselves be entertained with some talks and throwing jokes to each other even to the one driving.. Minutes later, we can now perceive with our eyes the hidden paradise we had been enthusiastically longing for hours. It was around 10:30 a.m. I think when we arrived at the place -where we had to ride a pump boat which would normally take for about 15 minutes from the mainland to the island resort but unexpectedly, sir Ruben, the man behind this great discovery, gave us a tour around the island. I was so thrilled and excited thinking how adventurous would it be.. After having a short tour we then got off the boat and was welcome with great smiles by the staffs with Sir Greg P. Perral-Resident Manager. They were so accommodating. Felt like I'm a VIP at that time. hahahahahaha..


We then went to their Pavilion which is so solemn and relaxing. They then fed us with clubhouse sandwiches and fries or something.





We were eating while Sir Greg was telling something about the wonders of Sumilon Bluewater Island Resort. I was so delighted realizing how lucky I am that I got the chance to be there and witnessed the beauty of the place.. After that, we then got the opportunity to explore the exquisiteness of the island and uncover the secret behind its simple yet elegant ambiance.






At around 11:30 a.m. or so, we went back to the Pavilion to take our lunch. ...Waaaaaaah, it was a buffet and the food was soooooooooo mouth watering. I ate a lot that it made my day more colorful..hahahaha...After that we continued taking pictures,Vanity Reigns...hahahahahhaha....and then we went kayaking. It was so fun,fun,fun. We then went to the Sandbar, my favorite part of the trip. There I experienced sandstorm , hahahahahaha, it made me realized that even how small that thing is, it still can hurt. There, I played with the big, enraged waves and trying to defeat them..hahahahaha..




And again, we headed back to the Pavilion. Others went swimming at the pool while others went to freshen up. A while later, snacks were then served. It was a pasta carbonara, it was very satisfying.





And it was almost 6:00 pm already when we drove back to the city.



It was 8:45 p.m. when I reached home. I was so burned out that I got to sleep right away.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

weeeeeeeeehhh! slendid event, shal.. glad i shared it with you and mikyu and jessa... woohoo rules!

Mikyu said...

g.mingaw na ku sa sumilon experience. hahahaha. one of the best trips. :)

karlota said...

how much did you pay for everything including v-hire, the 2 snacks and buffet lunch for sumilon?

Post a Comment