Monday, March 2, 2009

IE TOUR

COMPANY HOPPING

Last few weeks were very stressful and tiring day ever. I’ve been very busy with school stuffs, preparing for the I.P tour, helping the I.E council for the opening of the I.E week-arrange, assemble, adjust, organize, set-up and fix things, worrying about the projects, assignments and exams from other subjects. Over all, I had a very, very, very tight schedule.

Last February 21, 2009 was the day I’ve been waiting for. This is the day where I can see the efforts, sweat, stress and sacrifices I and my group made just to make this event a successful one. I woke up at 5 o’clock in the morning. I prepared myself; I took a bath, dressed up, and brushed my teeth, just the usual thing when I prepare for school. I arrived at school before 6:30 but I didn’t get inside right away. I went to the Julie’s bakeshop to get the torta bread I ordered day before. Then after that I went inside the campus and placed the box of bread. I went outside again and helped my friends carry the packed lunch we ordered at Bennie’s Eatery.

When the two Villahermosa buses touched the campus grounds at 8:00 am which were supposed to arrived at 6:30, we immediately checked the permits as ordered by Sir Ritche. Then after that we went to Paul Yu, the first company we visited.


They were very accommodating. They really spent time in explaining to us the different processes. They showed to us their products - the lamps in their showroom and they were very nice and colorful. They even gave the teachers lamps

and they also gave us drinks. So refreshing.

The next company we visited was the Shemberg. It is located at Paknaan Mandaue. I don’t have a lot to talk about this company. My experience there was so negative and it’s worth forgetting for. We were welcomed with a bad mood and bad manner. The students were already intimidated. I admit that we contributed to that failure because we forgot to put our contact numbers on the letter we sent to them. Also the failure of the two buses to arrive on time and we stayed long at the first company. I understand that they have rules and they are very strict to that but for me it is not right to talk to us like that. It’s like we committed a major mistake.
After that painful event, we travelled to Danao for about 40 minutes. We had our lunch along their Fish Port. The food was so scrumptious that it made my afternoon in high spirit again.


The 3rd company we went to was the Danao Paper Mill. It was a 5 minute ride from the place where we had our lunch. The place was old, a little bit scary and warmer. They showed to us their machines and explained to us the different processes. The person who entertained us really gave his full effort for us to understand the flow of the product. He even wrote the flow on the board before we went to the actual scenario. He was well prepared and I appreciated it a lot.



The last company for that day was the Danao Sugar Mill which is located just beside the Paper Mill. We were all in a BLOW when one of our friends opened the bus’ door and smelt the canal like or manure like odor. But minutes later, people became immune to that odor. They started to enjoy the tour. We saw big tanks and we climbed at their very steep stairs. The smell of the place was so sweet. I wonder if people working there are diabetic and I wonder if there are millions of ants living in there.

Afterwards, we went back to Danao plaza to have our election of batch officers for the school year 2009-2010. Then after that we went to Titay’s Bakeshop to buy something for the stomach. In the bus, we shared what we had at Titay’s Bakeshop. Even Sir Donn shared his. My friends and I just talked and talked along the way. We talked about our experiences in every company, excluding Shemberg. All in all, it was so much fun. I am so proud of my friends, they really are responsible and I can say that I have my friends that I can lean on.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

waaaaahhhh! bsa'g bg.o lng ni nahitabo, i miss it already! hahahahaha! too many things happened that day. and i really can't forget it! memorable jd kaayo! tiresome pero enjoyable! wahahahaha! you already know why i can't forget that day! pero it's not just about that. of course, i had you guys to enjoy the day with. :D

SHALEE said...

char..nyahahaha..proud keo ku..naka.organized tah ing.ato kadako nga event..congrats to us..hahahaha..nya isa pd..m trying to maintain this blog jd..maau unta padaun nani..nyahahaha..thanx sah pagvisit..

jessa said...

though i wasn't able to go with you on your ip tour, i feel like i was there too... hehehe...
from your post, to aimee's and mikyu's... murag tabla rah nga nikuyog kuh.. hehe..
i'm glad the activity was a success shal! and i'm proud of you, and of course, the hacienderas who really worked hard for this tour... =]

Anonymous said...

niiiice shirt! ^_^\m/

SHALEE said...

@clarence:thanx..hihihi..XD

SHALEE said...

@jessa:thanx es..hihihi

leslieme! said...

cute au ta guys!!

Anonymous said...

ang cute ng mga kuha niyo...
barkada moments ^_~...
btw ang saya ng tour niyo...
ang mandaue di ba sakop siya ng cebu...
tama ba ako lol...
ang daming company na nalibot niyo ah...

-OFF TOPIC-
sorry sis ha dito ko na naisama sa comment ko ito. pede po bang link exchange po tayo thank you so much in advance.

SHALEE said...

@barbie-doll:thanx..hihihi..yup,mandaue is in Cebu..

Link Exchange,.sure2x..thanx for visiting..XD

Post a Comment